Book with Confidence Promise
Guests who book direct via www.darwinforest.co.uk or via email@example.com can be reassured that they are booking their holiday with an established family business they can trust. You can request a full refund*, a credit note* or amend* your booking to a future date for the following reasons:
- A member of your party tests positive for Covid, is required to self isolate or cannot travel due to UK government public health measures**
- Your party make up is not compliant with Government Guidelines.***
- You are unhappy that some of the facilities and activities may be closed or have limited capacity or opening hours during your holiday. Full details about what is currently available can be found here.
If the park is required to close by the Government we will contact you directly to advise of the next steps.
Please note that information is subject to change at very short notice.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOUR HOLIDAY?
Is your party make up compliant?
*** It is the Lead bookers responsibility to ensure that your party make-up is fully compliant with COVID laws and guidelines as per the detailed information that is provided by the Government at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
We are unable to advise on whether your personal circumstances are compliant with Covid guidelines and it is for the Lead Booker to determine whether you can lawfully come on holiday by reading the Government Guidelines. Please be aware that any guests that are reported and found to be non-compliant may be asked to leave the park and no refund will be given.
Availability of Facilities and Activities.
It is important that you fully understand what facilities and activities are available. Full details about what is currently available can be found here.
Guests due to arrive before the 19th July 2021:
If you do not want to come on holiday because of points 1, 2 or 3 below then please refer to the ‘What should I do now?’ section.
- Your party make up includes more than 6 people from mixed households (Rule of 6) or more than two families from two households.
- Although your party size is compliant with point 1 you were planning on meeting up inside with more than 6 people /two households which is not allowed.
- You are unhappy with how the availability of facilities and activities may impact your holiday. If you choose to come on holiday you accept that all or some facilities and activities may be limited or closed and is subject to change at short notice. Full details about what is currently available can be found here.
Guests due to arrive after the 19th July 2021:
- Please wait until the next Government review to see if your holiday is affected.
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
To make the process as efficient and fair as possible it would significantly help speed up the process if guests could adhere to the following procedures.
Amending your holiday:
If you would prefer to amend your holiday arrival date, please check availability on the website and make a note of your preferred travel dates and lodge type/size. Please do not make a new booking online. To make the amendment please telephone 01629 732428. Reception is open Monday - Sunday from 8.30am - 7.45pm.
Requesting a Refund or a Credit Note:
Cancellations will only be accepted in writing via email. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Name of Lead Booker
- Reference Number
- Arrival Date
- Telephone Number
Then whether you wish to:
- Cancel and receive a full refund
- Receive a Credit Note (If you do not know your new travel dates, we can hold your money in credit against your account.)
Please note, we will be cancelling holidays in order of arrival date. We aim to process your refund within 28 days of receiving your cancellation request in writing.
What happens if I have booked through Hoseasons?
If you have booked your holiday through Hoseasons or Landal UK you will need to contact them directly as due to GDPR we are unable to access your booking to process amends or cancellations.
*Terms & Conditions:
Cancellations covered by our Book with Confidence promise will be processed within 28 days of us receiving your cancellation request in writing.
If you choose to receive a credit note it will be valid for 12 months.
For amended holidays, if the cost of your new holiday is lower, then we will refund the difference and if the cost is higher, you will need to pay the difference.
**We ask that requests to cancel your holiday due to UK Government public health restrictions or lack of facilities be provided at least 72 hours before your arrival date. Evidence that you or a member of your party are unable to travel due to UK government public health measures or a positive test result must be provided before your cancellation or amend is processed.
Further COVID-19 Information