Availability of facilities & activities due to Covid-19 restrictions
Updated: 17/06/21 12.30
We anticipate that due to continued Government Restrictions and Guidelines regarding the Coronavirus (Covid-19) and social distancing, that some of the facilities may be closed or have limited capacity or opening hours during your holiday. We also anticipate that some of our Activities will be unable to take place or will have reduced capacity. We will update this information as restrictions are lifted and facilities and activities begin to operate again.
Please note that this information is subject to change at very short notice and we cannot guarantee the availability of facilities and activities throughout your stay.
Please note that you can cancel and request a full refund before your arrival if you are unhappy about the availability of facilities.
We anticipate that the following will be available but please note that this is not confirmed and is subject to review:
- Foresters bar & Restaurant. Unfortunately, the Foresters is temporarily closed until Friday 25th June. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Details of other places to eat in the local area or takeaways that offer collection or delivery can be found at www.darwinforest.co.uk/foresters
- Evolution Health & Fitness. The swimming pool, gym and spa are open for pre-bookable sessions. www.darwinforest.co.uk/facilities
- The Beauty Rooms. The beauty rooms are open for pre-bookable appointments. www.darwinforest.co.uk/beauty
- Instructor led Activities. Go Active will be run subject to Government guidelines. Activities may differ from our usual programme. Further details about instructor led activities can be found at www.darwinforest.co.uk/activities
- Little Monkeys Play Centre & Explorer's Cafe. We are planning to reopen Little Monkeys Play Centre once all social distancing restrictions have been eased in Step 4 of the Government roadmap and soft play operating restrictions have been relaxed. We hope that this will be from the 19th July. All the team are looking forward to welcoming you back once we can safely open our doors for children to run around and explore the play centre as they choose. (Please see details below)
- Activity Den. We are planning to reopen The Activity Den once all social distancing restrictions have been eased. We hope that this will be from the 19th July but it is subject to Government guidelines. (Please see details below)
- Guest led Activities such as mini golf, bike hire and tennis are available.
- Forest Trail. Part of the Forest Trail which is owned by the Forestry Commission is currently closed off due to emergency tree felling.
- Outdoor Facilities. Guests are able to use the playground, recreation field, trim trak, Bollo Trail, Landal Adventure App and the forest trails.
Detailed Information about the Indoor Play Areas:
Little Monkeys Play Centre
Little Monkeys Play Centre at Landal Darwin Forest will remain closed until step 4 in the roadmap when the Government hopes to be in a position to remove all legal limits on social contact. This is now scheduled to be no earlier than the 19th July.
Although, soft play centres were allowed to reopen in step 3 of the roadmap, many have remained closed due to the operating guidelines and restrictions that are still in place. As a business we want nothing more than to reopen the centre but we also want to keep our customers safe.
The guidance we are following has a number of social distancing measures in place including operating a one way system around the play equipment. Unfortunately, the nature of our play frame means that we cannot operate an effective one way system. As part of the one way system you must also have a single entry and exit point onto the equipment which again is not practicable on our play frame. All loose items such as balls and blocks also need to be removed.
Smaller areas such as the toddler play area in Little Monkeys or the complimentary pre-school soft play area in the Activity Den also need to operate a one way system. Any loose soft play items such as building blocks must be removed and ball pits must be closed. As these items form the vast majority of the toddler and pre-school areas they would not be able to open.
As a family business we pride ourselves on ‘delighting every guest so they wish to return.’ We appreciate that the decision to keep the indoor play areas closed may affect the experience of some holiday makers and we do not want any guest to arrive on holiday and be disappointed. We therefore want to reiterate our ‘Book with Confidence promise.’ If you are due to come on holiday with us and feel that the indoor play areas remaining closed will be detrimental to your holiday experience, you are able to cancel your holiday before your arrival and receive a refund.
We will review reopening the indoor play areas from the 19th July but please note we will only reopen once social distancing measured are eased and the current guidelines regarding the operating of indoor play centres is relaxed.
Further COVID-19 Information