Holiday Guidance regarding the new Government Alert Levels
Landal Darwin Forest (DE4 5PL) is located in the Derbyshire Dales which is remaining as a Medium Alert Level.
This means that we are subject to the National restrictions; social distancing must be adhered to, masks must be worn in areas where this is mandatory, track and trace must be completed, you must not socialise inside or outside in groups larger than 6 (other than where a legal exemption applies) and our hospitality venues will close at 10pm. Please see the information on our website about the ‘Rule of 6’ and the Government guidelines about the Medium Alert Level.
Certain activities and facilities at Landal Darwin Forest are currently closed or have restrictions. Please refer to our website for full details.
You can check which alert level your home is located within on the Government website using the postcode check.
Please ensure you are aware of the latest Government guidelines for your postcode, this is continually changing and guests should check at the time of booking and prior to arrival. Please familiarise yourself with the Alert Levels.
What do the Alert Levels mean regarding going on holiday:
- If you are living in a Medium Alert Level postcode you can still go on your holiday but you must follow all National restrictions. (As detailed above)
- If you are live in a High Alert Level postcode you can still go on holiday but you must only do this with people in your household or support bubble. Please refer to the Government guidelines about the High Alert Level.
- If you live in a Very High Alert Level postcode people are being advised not to travel into or out of an area if it has been categorised in the very high alert level. The Government asks residents in these areas to avoid staying overnight in another part of the UK, except if they need to for work, education or caring responsibilities. Travelling out of a very high alert level area for a holiday is not one of these exemptions. Please refer to the Government guidelines about the Very High Alert Level.
- If you are travelling from Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland please refer to the specific guidance for where you live.
Is my holiday affected?
Your holiday is affected if:
- You live in a High Alert Level Area and are due to come on holiday with people from outside your household or support bubble
- You live in a Very High Alert Level
- You live in a Home Nation with travel restrictions
If you are affected then you can amend your booking to a future date, receive a credit note or cancel and receive a full refund. Please refer to our T&Cs for details.
What do I do now?
We would like to assure you that as a reputable family business you will be covered under our ‘Book with Confidence’ promise but to make the process as efficient and fair as possible we will need to process customer requests in arrival date order. It would significantly help speed up the process if guests could adhere to the following procedures.
Guests due to arrive in the next 4 weeks:
- These guests will have already paid their full balance or payment will be due next week. If you are unable to come on holiday as your party make up would be against Government guidelines, please call 01629 732428 at your earliest convenience so that we can make arrangements for you ASAP. You can also email email@example.com and request a call back. Please refer to the email details below. We will allow you to amend your booking to a future date, receive a credit note or cancel and receive a full refund. Please refer to our T&Cs for details.
Arrivals up until the 31st December 2020:
- Although a date is not confirmed, we anticipate that the Government Guidelines will be in place for several weeks. You do not have to make a decision about your booking until the final balance is due for payment, but if you want to cancel in advance because your party make up would be against current Government guidelines please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will allow you to amend your booking to a future date, receive a credit note or cancel and receive a full refund. Please refer to our T&Cs for details.
Arrivals after the 1st January 2021:
- For 2021 arrivals we will await Government clarification and advise in due course.
If you are affected by the new guidance please email email@example.com with:
- Name of Lead Booker
- Reference Number
- Arrival Date
- Telephone Number
Then whether you wish to:
- Cancel and receive a full refund (For holidays up until the 31st December)
- Receive a Credit Note
Amending your holiday. If you would prefer to amend your holiday arrival date, please check availability on the website and then email your new preferred travel dates and lodge type/size. Please do not make a new booking online. If you do not know your new travel dates, we can hold your money in credit against your account.
Please note, we will be rearranging holidays in order of arrival date and ask for your patience at this difficult time.
What happens if I have booked through Hoseasons?
If you have booked your holiday through Hoseasons or Landal UK you will need to contact them directly as due to GDPR we are unable to access your booking to process amends or cancellations.
Terms & Conditions:
T&Cs: Please refer to the date ranges above.
For amended holidays, if the cost of your new holiday is lower, then we will refund the difference and if the cost is higher, you will need to pay the difference.
If you cancel and request a refund it may take up to 28 days to process. Cancellations will be dealt with and processed in arrival date order.
If you choose to receive a credit note it will be valid for holidays up until the 31st December 2021.