Landal Darwin Forest is temporarily closed
Updated - 05/04/21 at 19.30
Landal Darwin Forest (DE4 5PL) in the Derbyshire Dales will reopen on Monday 12th April 2021.
What does this mean for your holiday?
Please be assured that your holiday is fully covered under our ‘Book with Confidence’ promise. To make the process as efficient and fair as possible it would significantly help speed up the process if guests could adhere to the following procedures.
It is the Lead bookers responsibility to ensure that your party make-up is fully compliant with COVID laws and guidelines as per the detailed information that is provided by the Government at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
We are unable to advise on whether your personal circumstances are compliant and it is for the Lead Booker to determine whether you can lawfully come on holiday.
Please be aware that any guests that are reported and found to be to be non-compliant may be asked to leave the park and no refund will be given.
Guests due to arrive between the 12th April and the 16th May 2021:
- During this period you will only be able to travel on holiday and stay in self contained accommodation with members of your own household or a legal support bubble. This is where a household with one adult joins with another household (on an exclusive basis). Please note that Childcare bubbles are excluded.
- You are not allowed to mix inside with any other household.
- You will be able to meet outside in groups of up to a maximum of 6 people (the Rule of 6) or with one other household.
- Please note that other restrictions will still be in place. If you choose to come on holiday you must confirm that you are only travelling with your household (or legal support bubble) and accept that all or some of the facilities and activities may be limited or closed.
- If you would still like to come on holiday if the park is open and the restrictions allow, then please pay your balance as planned 6 weeks prior to arrival to secure your reservation.
- If you are sure that you do not want to come on holiday or your party make up is against Covid laws then please refer to the details below. If you wish to amend your booking please arrange this by telephoning Reception. If you wish to receive a credit note or cancel and receive a full refund please put this in writing via email. Please refer to our procedures and the T&Cs for details.
Guests due to arrive between the 17th May and the 20th June 2021:
- Subject to Covid infections remaining low and the vaccination process continuing as planned, from the 17th May you will be able to come on holiday and stay in self contained accommodation in groups of up to a maximum of 6 people (the Rule of 6) or with one other household.
- Please note that some restrictions may still be in place. If you choose to come on holiday you must confirm that you are only travelling as a group of up to a maximum of 6 people (the Rule of 6) or with one other household and accept that all or some facilities and activities may be limited or closed.
- If you would still like to come on holiday if the park is open and the restrictions allow, then please pay your balance as planned to secure your reservation (6 weeks prior to arrival up to the 31st May and 10 weeks prior to arrival after the 1st June).
- If you are sure that you do not want to come on holiday as your party make up is against Covid laws then please refer to the details below and request your cancellation before your balance is due for payment. If you wish to amend your booking please arrange this by telephoning Reception. If you wish to receive a credit note or cancel and receive a full refund please put this in writing via email. Please refer to our procedures and the T&Cs for details.
Guests due to arrive after the 21st June 2021:
- We would kindly advise that you wait until your balance is due for payment before you make a decision about your holiday. Your balance will be due 10 weeks prior to arrival as per our standard terms.
What should I do now?
Please follow the procedures below and contact us accordingly.
Amending your holiday:
If you would prefer to amend your holiday arrival date, please check availability on the website and make a note of your preferred travel dates and lodge type/size. Please do not make a new booking online. To make the amendment please telephone 01629 732428. Reception is open Monday - Saturday from 10.30am - 3.30pm. We are working with reduced staff during lockdown and ask for your patience at this difficult time.
Cancelling your holiday or requesting a credit note:
Cancellations will only be accepted in writing via email. Please email email@example.com with the following details:
- Name of Lead Booker
- Reference Number
- Arrival Date
- Telephone Number
Then whether you wish to:
- Cancel and receive a full refund (For holidays up until the 20th June 2021)
- Receive a Credit Note (If you do not know your new travel dates, we can hold your money in credit against your account.)
Please note, we will be cancelling holidays in order of arrival date and ask for your patience at this difficult time. We aim to process your refund within 28 days of receiving your cancellation request in writing.
What happens if I have booked through Hoseasons?
If you have booked your holiday through Hoseasons or Landal UK you will need to contact them directly as due to GDPR we are unable to access your booking to process amends or cancellations.
Terms & Conditions:
T&Cs: Please refer to the date ranges above.
For amended holidays, if the cost of your new holiday is lower, then we will refund the difference and if the cost is higher, you will need to pay the difference.
Cancellations covered by our Book with Confidence promise will be processed within 28 days of us receiving your cancellation request in writing.
If you choose to receive a credit note it will be valid for 12 months.
Failure to confirm in writing whether you want to amend, cancel or receive a credit note before your arrival date will result in you automatically being issued with a credit note.
Further COVID-19 Information