Assistant Health & Fitness Manager
About This Position
- £23,000 Per annum
- Permanent Full Time
Evolution Health & Fitness is a £1.5 million purpose-built centre which offers something for everyone. The layout of our fully equipped gymnasium has been designed by leading industry professionals and includes all the latest equipment to suit a range of abilities and fitness levels. Our qualified instructors design fitness programmes to suit individual needs.
Both our pools allow guests to exercise in the swimming pool or relax in the general bathing area. The pools have a separate children’s area, making it perfect for all the family. Evolution also includes a spa- bath, steam room and sauna and we provide a full range of beauty therapies. Sandybrook has a poolside spa and sauna.
Both our parks run activities including Archery, Crossbow and Bodyzorbs. The Assistant Health & Fitness Manager would assist the Leisure Manager, alongside the Go Active Supervisor in monitoring staffing for these sessions and providing adequate sessions during busy times.
As the Assistant Health & Fitness Manager you will be assisting in the general day to day running of all aspects of the centre with your excellent customer service skills you will ensure that health and safety requirements are met whilst actively giving professional advice, guidance and encouragement to all members of your team and members of the gym and swimming pool.
This role is to support the Leisure Manager and to be able to step up to cover in their absence.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Identify opportunities to maximise sales through social media and promotions.
- Assist the Leisure manager in developing and enhancing the services and activities provided
- Monitor and analyse the products and services of competitors, to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Manage the online bookings platform for fitness, activities and beauty and update the Evolution website.
- Assist in maintaining detailed schedules for treatments, classes, and activities.
- Manage and order stock.
- Promote the sale of new memberships and the retention of existing members.
- With the aim of improving member retention assist in the promotion of a variety of fitness events and programmes, which, will motivate and challenge members at all levels irrelevant of age.
- Assist in recruiting and training employees to enhance employee productivity and satisfaction.
- Assist in coaching all members of the team and ensure that all regardless of number of hours worked are valued and developed to their full potential.
- Maintain firm cleaning procedures in all areas.
- Ensure that good practice is applied by all employees and ensure that all Company policies and procedures are followed.
- Maintain relations with park guests and members, with the ability to handle and resolve any guest complaints with a positive outcome.
- Assist in the management of all aspects of Health & Safety and ensure compliance with all government and Company guidance.
- Ensure all centre equipment is maintained to the highest standard and ensure regular checks are undertaken and recorded and any faults reported.
- Ensure that the highest standards are adhered to, and that guest experiences exceed expectations.
- Monitor the operation of the pool plant in line with procedures, including undertaking water clarity checks, pool water checks and assess where appropriate the pool and its surroundings and report any concerns that affect the environment including any safety issues.
- Work closely with the Leisure Manager and other departments to ensure that park guests and members expectations are achieved or exceeded.
- Any other duties required by the needs of the business and the professional fulfilment of the role.
Ideal candidates will appreciate importance of acting as an ambassador for Pinelodge Holidays and strive to “delight every guest so they wish to return”. The Evolution team are in contact with our guests and members on a daily basis and must demonstrate a friendly, welcoming and professional image at all times. A uniform will be provided.
We would like to hear from you if you have the following:
- Supervisory experience in the Leisure industry, Health & Fitness or sports facilities
- Good interpersonal, time management and organisational skills
- Good teamworking skills and the ability to lead and motivate a team
- Business acumen, creative thinking and problem-solving
- Passionate about health and fitness and providing outstanding service to customer
Ideal Qualifications although not essential but must be willing to work towards obtaining them:
- Pool Plant Operators Licence
- A recognised fitness or leisure management qualification
- Emergency at Work First Aid
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this role.
If you would like to join our team at Evolution, please email your CV to:
How To Apply
To apply please email email@example.com