Chef De Partie - Foresters Bar & Restaurant
About This Position
- £23,500 + Depending on experience
- Permanent, full time, 45 hours per week inc daytime, evenings, weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis
The Foresters is one of the catering outlets at Landal Darwin Forest it is usually open 7 days a week and serves a range of delicious meals throughout the day from 12 noon until 9pm (Monday - Saturday the kitchen is closed from 3-4pm). The Foresters includes a large designated family area, a conservatory reserved for adult diners and a large patio with adjacent playground.
All our food is freshly cooked to order using locally sourced ingredients and we cater for a range of dietary requirements and have a children's menu. We also serve daily specials and an afternoon tea.
Purpose of Post:
To assist the Head and Deputy Head Chef to produce constantly evolving top quality food for the Foresters
To assist the Head and Deputy Head Chef to ensure the efficient operation of the kitchen
Ensure full compliance with HACCP and COSHH regulations
Represent the high standards expected at Pinelodge Holidays at all time and to help produce food which represents our mission statement “delight every guest so they wish to return”.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparing a consistently high standard of food
- Duties will include the preparation of salads and sandwiches, preparation and cooking of vegetables, stocks, pasta, soups, sauces, vegetarian, meat and fish dishes and all fresh foods using a variety of skills and techniques.
- Prepare and present, to order, dishes for service.
- Assist with the creation of new dishes and menus, using seasonal, fresh produce from local suppliers wherever possible.
- Assist with the ordering of ingredients as directed.
- Assist with processing supplier deliveries, including temperature checks on goods as appropriate.
- Assist with the recording and monitoring of all wastage from the kitchens.
- Ensure correct procedures are followed regarding checking and recording of food temperatures.
- Ensure high standards of hygiene are achieved in the kitchen and maintained at all times.
- Ensure that the kitchen and equipment is left clean and tidy at the end of each working day and that this is duly recorded.
- Adhere to the Catering Health and Safety guidelines and wear the appropriate safety protection clothing provided, as required, at all times.
- Attend all food hygiene courses required and attain relevant food safety qualifications.
- Any other duties required by the needs of the business and the professional fulfilment of the role.
Ideal candidates will appreciate importance of acting as an ambassador for Pinelodge Holidays and strive to “delight every guest so they wish to return”. The Foresters kitchen team are representatives of Pinelodge Holidays and must demonstrate a friendly, welcoming and professional image at all times.
- Creative and inventive when it comes to food
- Extremely organized with ability to multi-task.
- An understanding of ingredients and produce and its safe preparation
- A team player with a cool head and ability to work collaboratively with others towards team goals
- Customer oriented mindset
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff with a positive and approachable manner.
- Ability to assist with ordering.
- Experience in a range of diverse catering environments
- The desire to continue to develop within the kitchen team including onsite training.
Ideal Qualifications although not essential but must be willing to work towards obtaining:
- Hold Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
If you would like to join our team at Evolution, please email your current CV to
How To Apply
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org