Foresters Deputy Bar & Restaurant Supervisor
About This Position
- £25,000 Per Annum
- Permanent Full Time
The Foresters is one of the catering outlets at Landal Darwin Forest it is usually open 7 days a week and serves a range of delicious meals throughout the day from 12 noon until 9pm (Monday - Saturday the kitchen is closed from 3-4pm).
All our food is freshly cooked to order using locally sourced fresh ingredients and we cater for a range of dietary requirements and have a children's menu. We also serve daily specials and an afternoon tea.
The Foresters includes a large designated family area, a conservatory reserved for adult diners and a large patio with adjacent playground.
The Deputy Bar & Restaurant Supervisor, alongside the Bar & Restaurant Manager will be responsible for the general day to day running of all aspects of the Foresters with your excellent customer service skills you will ensure that health and safety requirements are met whilst actively giving professional advice, guidance and encouragement to all members of your team.
Purpose of Post:
- To assist in increasing the revenue and profits from catering at Pinelodge Holidays.
- To assist the Bar & Restaurant Manager in all operational aspects of the Catering business.
- To assist with the successful co-ordination of catering at Darwin Forest and operational support to the Bar & Restaurant Manager.
- To ensure that an excellent service is offered to all customers and their guests.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Ensure that all telephone enquiries are dealt with politely and efficiently
- Ensure that all prospective clients are politely and efficiently guided through all the possibilities on site visits
- Supervise the bar and restaurant staff.
- Ensure that all staff records are kept up to date.
- Assist with the deployment and continuing development of all staff in your area of responsibility whilst ensuring excellent standards throughout the catering operation.
- Ensure that the catering team are well presented and adhering to dress codes and hygiene requirements.
- Assist in recruiting, training and managing employees,
- Assist with rotas and training to enhance employee productivity and satisfaction.
- Ensure that the Bar &Restaurant Manager is made aware of all staff related issues as required.
- Ensure that good practice is applied by all employees and ensure that all Company policies and procedures are followed.
- Maintain relations with park guests, with the ability to handle and resolve any guest complaints with a positive outcome.
- Ensure that standards are met and that guest expectations are exceeded at all times.
- Liaise with the Head Chef and Bar & Restaurant Manager to ensure that front and back house communications are effective as possible.
- Work with the Bar & Restaurant Manager to ensure effective ordering and re-ordering of goods to ensure that sufficient stock is held of all ‘live’ lines.
- Assist in developing existing offers and products to customers.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that park guests and members expectations are achieved or exceeded.
- Continually develop and enhance the services provided.
- Assist in monitoring and analysing the products and services of competitors, to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Communicate and build strong relationships with vendors.
- Devise and maintain firm cleaning procedures in all areas.
- Ensure that HACCP systems are enforced where applicable and constantly improved wherever possible.
- Ensure that COSHH (Control of substances hazardous to health) regulations are enforced and all relevant records kept
- Ensure that fire safety standards are maintained.
- Ensure that first aid standards are maintained for both employees and public and that all first aid boxes are filled to ACOP standards.
- Any other duties required by the needs of the business and the professional fulfilment of the role.
Ideal candidates will appreciate importance of acting as an ambassador for Pinelodge Holidays and strive to “delight every guest so they wish to return”. The Foresters team are in contact with our guests on a daily basis and must demonstrate a friendly, welcoming and professional image at all times. A uniform will be provided.
We would like to hear from you if you have the following:
- Supervisor experience in the food and catering industry
- Good interpersonal, time management and organisational skills
- Good teamworking skills and the ability to assist in leading and motivating a team
- Business acumen, creative thinking and problem-solving
- Deep knowledge of the food industry
- Customer oriented mindset
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff
Ideal Qualifications although not essential but must be willing to work towards obtaining:
- Emergency at Work First Aid
If you would like to join our team at Foresters, please email your current CV to
How To Apply
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org