Sous Chef - Foresters Bar & Restaurant
About This Position
- £26,000 + Depending on experience
- Permanent Full Time
The Foresters is one of the catering outlets at Landal Darwin Forest it is usually open 7 days a week and serves a range of delicious meals throughout the day from 12 noon until 9pm (Monday - Saturday the kitchen is closed from 3-4pm). The Foresters includes a large designated family area, a conservatory reserved for adult diners and a large patio with adjacent playground.
All our food is freshly cooked to order using locally sourced ingredients and we cater for a range of dietary requirements and have a children's menu. We also serve daily specials and an afternoon tea.
Purpose of Post:
- To assist the Head and Deputy Head Chef to produce constantly evolving top quality food for the Foresters and directing the food preparation process and delegating tasks.
- Assisting the Head and Deputy Head Chef to create menu items, recipes and develop dishes.
- To assist the Head and Deputy Head Chef to ensure the efficient operation of the kitchen including supervising all kitchen stations and supervising, motivating and working closely with other Chefs of all levels.
- Ensure full compliance with HACCP and COSHH regulations and assisting with determining food inventory needs, stocking and ordering.
- Represent the high standards expected at Pinelodge Holidays at all time and to help produce food which represents our mission statement “delight every guest so they wish to return”.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head and Deputy Head Chef to create menus, recipes and develop dishes for the Foresters which offer variety including specific dietary requirements, nutritional balance, colour, texture, mix of ingredients, service limitations and budget costs.
- Ensuring food quality and excellent standards are maintained for all dishes created & recipe specifications are adhered to.
- Directing the food preparation process and delegating tasks
Cost Control and Stock Management
- Assist the Head and Deputy Head Chef to control the ordering of all kitchen ingredients, packaging & chemicals/cleaning products.
- Assist the Head and Deputy Head Chef to ensure the correct implementation of the catering procedure for processing supplier deliveries, including temperature checks on goods as appropriate
- Assist with the monthly stock counts for the kitchen
- Assist with the recording and monitoring of all wastage, portion control and yield from the kitchen
- Supervise, motivate & work closely with other chefs of all levels to ensure they carry out their duties to the best of their abilities at all times
- Assist the Head and Deputy Head Chef to determine the individual duties of kitchen staff in order to maximize efficiency of operations
- Assist the Head and Deputy Head Chef to ensure the correct induction and training of all new kitchen staff
- On behalf of the Head and Deputy Head Chef oversee the correct implementation of kitchen staff lunches and breaks
- Assist in the training and development of all staff.
- Ensure correct procedures are followed regarding checking and recording of food temperatures
- Ensure high standards of hygiene are achieved in the kitchen and all kitchen staff adhere to the Catering Health and Safety guidelines and ensure all staff wear the appropriate safety protection clothing provided, as required, at all times
- Ensure that the kitchen is left clean, tidy and secure at the end of each working day and that this is duly recorded.
- Assist the Head and Deputy Head Chef to ensure all kitchen staff have the appropriate health and hygiene training for their specific role and that they work within the set procedures
- Any other duties required by the needs of the business and the professional fulfilment of the role.
Ideal candidates will appreciate importance of acting as an ambassador for Pinelodge Holidays and strive to “delight every guest so they wish to return”. The Foresters kitchen team are representatives of Pinelodge Holidays and must demonstrate a friendly, welcoming and professional image at all times.
- Creative and inventive when it comes to food
- Extremely organized with ability to multi-task.
- An understanding of ingredients and produce and its safe preparation
- Good teamworking skills and the ability to assist in leading and motivating a team
- Supervisory Experience
- Customer oriented mindset
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff with a positive and approachable manner.
- Ability to assist with ordering.
- Experience in a range of diverse catering environments
Ideal Qualifications although not essential but must be willing to work towards obtaining:
- Emergency at Work First Aid
- Hold Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
If you would like to join our team at Evolution, please email your current CV to
How To Apply
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org